Remember this post last month? It is known that I love neutral nails. I like them plain, but I also like to spice them up a bit. Since I am a book person I decided to try transferring words from the newspaper to my nails. It is really easy.
I could not get the words to be really dark, but I liked the subtlety of it!
- Paint your nails a neutral color and let dry. I used Essie Marshmallow.
- Cut up sections of newspaper pages big enough to cover your nail.
- Dip and hold your nail is rubbing alcohol for 10 seconds. You want your nail to be soaked.
- Immediately wrap your nail with the newspaper clippings. You do not need to keep the clippings on the nail for a certain amount of time, but press long and hard enough to make sure you press down all areas of the nail.
- Remove carefully from you nail and it will transfer.
Such a fun and subtle way to spice up your nails. Try it yourself and let me know what you think!
I have linked up with The Party Bunch, Monday Funday, Much Ado About Monday, Take-A-Look Tuesday, Too Cute Tuesdays, Party In Your PJs, Show Me What You Got, Look what I made Wed, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Wow Me Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Whimsy Wednesday, Show + Tell, Artsy Corner Thursday, The Creative Exchange, Thrifty Thursday Link Party, Handmade Hangout Party, Creativity Unleashed, Flaunt it Friday, Pinworthy Projects Party, Frugal Friday, Inspiration Gallery Link Party, City of Links, The Link Party Palooza, The Creative Collection, Friday Favorites, Frugal Friday, Linky Party: DIY Inspired, Super Saturday!