I am so excited to share this very cute and quick project. You could get it done in an hour or less and have a fun garland to add to your decor. It isn't red and white so you could have it last through the winter. I also think it would be so cute to do snowflakes out of the glitter paper and make it into a garland for winter.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using some of the links. However, all opinions are 100% my own.
-Linen thread (thin jute twine)
-Cricut or other die cutting machine (or star punch) - you could also trace stars and hand cut them out
1. Cut out the stars. You can make them any size that you want. The ones I cut were 1.5 inches.
2. Cut your linen thread to the desired length. I made mine 6 feet.
3. Punch a tiny 1/16" circle in one of the points.
4. Thread some of the extra thread through the circle punch and then tie it to the pre-cut piece of linen thread. After tying it cut the extra thread about 1/4-1/2 an inch from the knot.
5. Continue step 4 done the length of the thread. You can choose how close or far apart you want to make them. Mine were 2-2.5 inches apart. I had 23 on the garland at the end. I left 6-8 inches on the ends without any stars.
6. After you tie them all on then I put a tiny dot of super glue in the knot to secure it in place. Once dry I cut the longer pieces of string pretty close to the knot.
I have linked up with The Party Bunch, Your Turn to Shine, Thrifty Thursday Link Party, Handmade Hangout Party, Flaunt it Friday, Frugal Friday, Inspiration Gallery Link Party, The Link Party Palooza, Frugal Friday!