It has been awhile since I posted the last chicken noodle soup recipe. I am on the hunt for the best chicken noodle soup recipe. Today I am posting about the second chicken noodle soup I made.
The next recipe that I used for inspiration is from Kami at NoBiggie. (see post here) Again I changed some things. So check out my recipe, but if you want the original source of inspiration then check out her's as well. That way you can see what you like best.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using any of the links. However, all opinions are 100% my own.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 4 uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 carrots, sliced small
- 1/8 t. onion powder
- 1 package of frozen egg noodles
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cans of chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chicken soup base
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Boil the chicken breasts in water. Add salt and pepper.
- Once boiled remove breasts from water and let them cool. Pull apart in bite sized pieces. (save broth for later)
- Cover and boil carrots in water and add the onion powder into water. Cook until tender. Remove vegetables from water.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook.
- Melt butter in a separate sauce pan.
- Add the flour and cook until thick.
- Add the 4 cans of chicken broth to the butter and flour mixture
- Add the soup base.
- Cook until it starts to thicken.
- Add everything to the pot: chicken, noodles, and vegetables (and add to taste the broth that the chicken cooked in)
- Season it with salt and pepper.