This post is written by beauty/makeup contributor, Danielle! I don't know if I have announced this yet, but Danielle is due the same day as I am with her first baby! She is also having a girl! We are very excited for her and her husband Shawn!
When I think a natural makeup look, I think a fresh look with beautiful neutrals that can be worn on any occasion. This month I'll be sharing my idea of this with you all. Some great things about this natural look is that its easy, quick and can be spiced up with a bright lip for summer if wanted.
This post contains some affiliate links, which means if you purchase the items using some of the links then I will be paid a small commission. However, every item I talk about in this post I truly love and use often.
First, I start off prepping my skin.
1) Moisturizing is very important. Having moisturized skin helps prevent the cakey dry look we want to avoid. I use Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief which keeps my skin feeling great all day and for the lips EOS balm.
2) Primer isn't always necessary but it will help the makeup glide on more smoothly and last longer. Benefit Cosmetics The Porefessional is a great choice! This helps feel in the pores and makes the skin feel silky smooth.
3) Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller is my next go to for the look. This will help treat and conceal under eye circles.
Next, I focus on over all complexion.
1)A great foundation I've found is L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation. What's so great about this is I am not left with the feeling of having makeup on my face and I get a natural finish when using this.
2) I take Maybelline Fit Me Concealer under my eyes and on the tops of my cheek bones to help brighten the area.
3) Too Faced Shadow Insurance on the eye lids to help shadows apply easier.
4) Anastasia Dipbrow in soft brown to help fill in and slightly add some shape to my brows.
5) Bare Minerals Mineral Veil to set everything.
I then move on to my eye shadow. I have deposited most if not all of my shadows into my Z Palettes but I stuck with the original Urban Decay Naked palette for this look. The warm soft browns are perfect for creating a soft natural eye look that has just a little bit of shine to it.
1) I took the color Naked and put this through my crease and blended out.
2) For the all over lid color I took Sin. This is probably my favorite eye-shadow color. It gives a perfect natural sheen to the eye lid.
3) Finishing off with the color Smog on the very outer of the eyelid and slightly into the crease for more depth.
Finishing off the look.
2) For blush I like to stick with a warm color. Nars Luster has been my obsession. This is the most gorgeous color for blush. It adds the perfect amount of warmth and color.
3) Kardashian Beauty Honey Sticks for the lips are surprisingly awesome! I am using the color Wild Flower Honey.