How in the world do I go from the warm weather to the cooler weather while keeping my daughter entertained? I think this is a question that many parents struggle with. What do you do to control the excitement of Halloween, then Thanksgiving, and then Christmas?
Halloween is the start of all the holidays and many kids start getting really restless and want to be entertained. They always want to be doing something. My sweet Hannelore is right there with all the other kids.
So I decided to pull out what we have done in past years and also inspiration on the internet for things that we want to do this year. I hope these ideas can help me to make memories with my daughter and help her get some energy out at the same time. I also hope that you as the reader can join in on the fun as well.1. Throw a kid's Halloween party
Pin the face on the jack-o-lantern
3. Rock jack-o-lanterns
4. Sparkly Pumpkins
5. Wrap up like a mummy with toilet paper
6. Paint chip Frankenstein
7. Mandarin orange cups
8. String cheese and pretzel witch's broomsticks
9. Paper and cotton balls ghost craft
10. Masking tape mummy
11. Make Mother Load soup
12. Read Baby Lit Dracula book
13. Read Baby Lit Frankenstein book
14. Read Skeleton Hiccups
15. Read Mouse's First Halloween
16. Read Ten Timid Ghosts
17. Read Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin
18. Read It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse!
19. Read The Night Before Halloween
20. Have a reading picnic (use books above)
21. Paper Plate Ghost
22. Egg carton bats
23. Mummy Candy Bars
24. Decorate a door like a mummy
25. Make a Halloween banner
27. Strawberry Ghosts
28. Corn Maze
29. Go to a pumpkin patch
30. Decorate pumpkins
31. Go trick or treating
How in the world do I go from the warm weather to the cooler weather while keeping Hannelore entertained?
Well....I resort to this list everyday until Halloween.