It's a new year! I have been so exhausted with my work, my baby, my preschooler, my husband, my church involvement, and my house that I haven't had time to tell you all the exciting plans I have for 2016! I have a lot to catch you up on! Here are some posts I want to post soon:
- Why I have been absent the last few months
- A big change for my family!
- Why I don't use a video baby monitor
- Great schedule idea for nursing mothers
- An AMAZING tutorial for a nightstand my husband made
- Finish up my "Stay Sane Cleaning Series"
- Gift for daddy when a new baby comes
- I actually have a HUGE list, but these will be some of the first ones I will post
I always pick a word for the year and this year I am focusing on the word inspire. I was inspired *smile* to pick this word because I love the way others inspire me and I love to inspire others. One of the main reasons I decided to start blogging was because I wanted to inspire others. This year that is what I am going to focus on.
There are is a quote that I LOVE that embodies why I choose the word inspire.
I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say, "Because of you I didn't give up".
Do you want to hear my goals as well? Whether you thought yes or no I am going to type them, because I want to make myself accountable. So here you go:
- Teach my kids (mainly Hannelore since Isla is so little) 12 different values this year. One for each month. This month has been honesty. I hope to blog about this journey and give you ideas as I go along in case you want to join me.
- Slow down. Mainly DON'T OVERBOOK MY FAMILY. I tend to do that way too much.
- Meditate daily. (For the record I have been doing terrible with this)
- Exercise AT LEAST 150 minutes a week. (again January has been terrible when it comes to this goal.)
- Read at least 12 books this year. (3 fiction, 3 non-fiction, 3 parenting, and 3 church)
- Schedule girlfriend time once a month. (not doing good with this either...I have been doing one thing...working this year. I hope to spend more time with friends)
- Declutter my WHOLE house in 6 months. I plan on starting this in July and finishing in December. I really want to make this a series on the blog as well and document all the stuff I am going to get rid of and hopefully feel better in the process.
- Spend time with Ryan nightly. Kids can make this time really hard. I hope to spend one on one time with him each night.
- Memorize The Living Christ. (I have almost done the first 2 paragraphs. I'm kind of happy with my progress)
Well there you have it. I have lots of goals and things to help inspire me. I hope they all make me a better person and I hope I can accomplish many of them if not all of them to some degree.
Comment below and tell me what your goals are for 2016. Do you pick a word to focus on for the year? If so what is it? I love to hear from each of you, because you INSPIRE me!