This world that we live in is so fast pasted. Thanks to social media it is a place that comparison is so rampant. Many times I feel so discouraged or less than. I feel like I can't keep up with this person or that person.
That is why I love the month of November. It is a time to really focus on all I have to be grateful for. I wrote a blog post about our new Thankgiving tradition. Our Thankful Turkey has been at our home for a few days now and I love it and my girls do also. I love how we thank someone in the family each day. That will helps spark the attitude of gratitude in each other.
However, one of my favorite things about it is the daily thankful prompts. These prompts are specific and that is what I love about them. That way instead of writing down that we are thankful for our home (for example), we write down WHAT we are thankful for about your home. Why are we actually thankful for our home?
I love thinking about the specifics because it really makes me think. It really helps me to focus on ALL OF THE MANY things I have to be grateful for. I live in such an amazing country and not only that, but an amazing state! I have mountains and mountains worth of stuff to be grateful for. And guess what? I am not the richest person! I challenge you to do the same! Start thinking about the specifics!
- I am thankful for sweets, but more specifically for PB Twix.
- I am grateful for my house, but more specifically for how it is nestled in at the base of beautiful mountains.
- I am thankful for books (really all books), but more specifically I am thankful for The Selection Series.
- I am grateful for the weather today, but more specifically I am grateful for the warmth the sun provides to my body today.
- I am thankful for my ability to hear, but more specifically I am grateful for the giggles coming from the playroom.
- I am thankful for my crafting supplies, but more specifically I am grateful for my hot glue gun. Seriously I use it ALL THE TIME!
- I am grateful for my neighbors, but more specifically I am grateful for the friends and basically family they have become.
- I am grateful for my husband, but more specifically I am grateful for the way he looks and me and my daughters.
- I am grateful for my first born, Hannelore, but more specifically I am grateful for the laughs and entertainment she provides to us daily.
- I am grateful for my youngest, Isla, but more specifically I am grateful for how she makes me laugh everyday and then starts laughing when I start laughing.
- I am grateful for my parents, but more specifically I am grateful that they taught me by example how to love their children AND each other.
- I am grateful for my siblings, but more specifically I am grateful for them teaching me how to love others even when they took your things from your room. I guess that is called unconditional love.
Like I said earlier I am so grateful for many things in my life and I could continue for hours. So really please take my challenge to get specific with the things you are grateful for. I recently got a shirt that helps remind me to be grateful. I will be wearing this on repeat this month.
I received a free shirt in exchange for writing this blog post. There are also affiliate links in this post, which means I will receive a small commission if you purchase using my links. Remember this does not cost you any extra and I would NEVER post about anything I don't love.
The best part is there is a deal on this shirt and it is going on this weekend! Here are the details: With ANY $25 purchase you will get this shirt FREE + FREE SHIPPING! Anything is free game to total $25! Once your cart totals $25 then add the Thankful Grateful Blessed shirt to the cart as well. Hit Checkout. Then put in code THANKFUL1 in for the code. That will make the t-shirt FREE!