I'm sure you find this as no surprise, but I plan out my month as much as I can before it gets here. I usually plan the coming month the weekend before the month starts. I get that I cannot plan everything, but I try and plan as much as I can because it helps me not have to focus on it everyday or every week. I also get more done if I have it planned.
Here is what I plan out for the month:
- Activities that I will do with Hannelore-I mainly follow the routine I talked about in this post. I stick to that routine unless there is an event that we want to go to instead. Then I will switch things around a bit.
- Play dates with Hannelore's friends-this is talked about in the post above as well
- Menu for the month - read all about my menu planning process here
- Dates with my husband and babysitters for those dates - We go on weekly dates. I try and utilize family members when we go on dates, but sometimes they are younger girls that I know that I trust. Read more about my date nights here and here.
- Random acts of kindness for my husband - I take ideas from the "Love Calendar" on The Dating Divas website
- Any other big event that might be coming up
For the first few months that I planned a month in advance I was overwhelmed, but now I have my groove down and I can knock a whole month out in an hour or less! That is for a whole month. Then I do not have to think about it for another month. I love it!
To download the checklist I use to plan out my month click the pink button at the top of this post, enter your email (Don't worry you won't get a bunch of emails. This will just keep you informed of anything new happening here at Shambray.com), and it will download automatically.
Check out more ways I like to be organized:
I have linked up with The Party Bunch, Monday Funday, Take-A-Look Tuesday, Too Cute Tuesdays, Party In Your PJs, Show Me What You Got, Look what I made Wed, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Wow Me Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Whimsy Wednesday, Show + Tell, Artsy Corner Thursday, The Creative Exchange, Thrifty Thursday Link Party, Handmade Hangout Party, Creativity Unleashed, Flaunt it Friday, Frugal Friday, Inspiration Gallery Link Party, City of Links, The Link Party Palooza, The Creative Collection, Friday Favorites, Frugal Friday, Fabulous Friday Party, Linky Party: DIY Inspired, Super Saturday!