As I have been sharing ways to spice up neutral nails, I have been spicing them up with things I love. It was books last month and this month it is polka dots. I LOVE POLKA DOTS! These nails are super simple and quick to do. Lets break it down into simple steps.
- Gather your supplies. You will need your neutral nail color, 1-5 colored nail polishes, and pointy tipped Q-tips.
- Paint your nails the neutral color. I use Essie Marshmallow. (See post here)
- Let them dry completely. Do this while watching your favorite show and the time passes more quickly. *wink*
- Decide what colors you want to use and in what order you want your polka dots on your nails. I decided to do 5 different colors (one different color for each finger).
- Next dip the pointy end of the Q-tips into the various colored nail polishes.
- Before you put the polka dots on your nails make sure you take off the excess nail polish. I did not do that at first and the polka dots were horrendous. Absolutely awful. (See below)
Right way Wrong way
- Let the polka dots dry and apply a top coat if wanted.
Enjoy! I think they are so fun!
Inspiration for painting my nails this way came from this pin on Pinterest.
I have linked up with The Party Bunch, Monday Funday, Take-A-Look Tuesday, Too Cute Tuesdays, Party In Your PJs, Show Me What You Got, Look what I made Wed, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Wow Me Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Whimsy Wednesday, Show + Tell, Artsy Corner Thursday, The Creative Exchange, Your Turn to Shine, Thrifty Thursday Link Party, Handmade Hangout Party, Creativity Unleashed, Flaunt it Friday, Frugal Friday, Inspiration Gallery Link Party, City of Links, The Link Party Palooza, The Creative Collection, Friday Favorites, Frugal Friday, Fabulous Friday Party, Linky Party: DIY Inspired, Super Saturday!