I am finally posting about the third chicken noodle soup that I tried. It was so fun trying out 3 different recipes while changing them a bit to fit my family's wants as well. Then deciding which one won the overall #1 spot.
This recipe was inspired by a Chicken Soup Recipe on Martha Stewart. It looks so good. I decided to make it with noodles. That way it would be Chicken NOODLE soup. I was a little worried because I am not a master chef by any means and this recipe was the most intimidating out of the three to start with. However, I made it work for me and my cooking skills and changed it a bit for my family.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 teaspoons dry parsley
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound carrots, diced (I like dicing mine with The Pampered Chef's Food Chopper)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 pounds of chicken breasts
- Coarse salt
- Extra Wide Egg Noodles
- Prepare a bouquet garni: Place parsley, peppercorns, bay leaf, thyme, and garlic in a small sock and tie with bakers twine. (I used a sock of Hannelore's that was very clean since it was so small.)
- In a large pot, combine bouquet garni, carrots, onion powder, and chicken. Add enough water to cover; season with salt. Bring to boil over high heat; reduce to simmer, and cook, partially covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 45 minutes. Skim any foam that rises to the top and discard.
- Remove chicken from pot, and let stand until cool enough to handle. Skim fat from surface of soup and discard. While waiting for chicken to cool cook desired amount of egg noodles in the water that is already in the pot. Once noodles are cooked, remove bouquet garni. Shred meat into bite-sized pieces, and return to pot. Cook until heated through, season with salt.
Overall we really like this recipe and it helped me branch out a bit. Are you ready to hear our ratings of the three chicken noodle soup recipes?
Third Runner Up
Second Runner Up